The Neon Night Walk / Run is a fun way to support a cause close to your heart and make a difference.
“Loved the location and type of activity. Loved that we could do it as a team with other like minded motivated people” :).
There’s more to an event than just how fast you go, supporting a charity in an event gives you a warm glow and a sense of achievement by raising funds that will make a difference.
Raise funds for one of our six charity partners and you could receive an exclusive Neon Charity Hero finisher medal. Plus have half or all your entry refunded (depending how much you raise).
There are 3 options available for you to walk / run for charity, **raise funds for one of the Neon charities and get some perks, *fundraise for any other charity, or simply *donate to a charity.
1. Be a Neon Charity Hero-you pay to enter and select one of the official Neon charities. You could; receive half or all of your entry refunded (depending on how much you raise) a souvenir Neon Charity Hero finisher medal, Charity Hero branded race bib so you stand out from the crowd, post-race hospitality with your charity, as well as ongoing support, motivation and fundraising tips from your chosen Charity Partner.
All you need to do is select one of the official Neon Partners preferably when you enter, or you can go back into your entry later. Then your charity will be in touch. (Please make sure you enter before starting to fundraise!)
Once you have reached the fundraising target set by your partner charity, you will be eligible to become an official awesome Neon Charity Hero.
2. Choose another charity and fundraise for them.
3. Make a donation directly to your chosen charity
You can get started by setting up your fundraising page on the Get Fundraising page. Or if you’re unsure what to do your charity will help you to set up your very own fundraising page.
* Conditions when choosing to enter for a partner charity
Your chosen charity should receive 100% of money you raise.
- You must notify your chosen charity that you will be participating in this challenge, raising funds in their name and discuss your payment option with them
- All funds raised in connection to this challenge should be paid directly to your chosen charity.
- When fundraising you must make clear to donors what proportion of funds raised are going to the charity and how much towards costs. Should you have to withdraw, all monies should be forwarded to the charity.