The Neon Night Walk / Run is a fun way to support a cause close to your heart and make a difference.
There’s more to an event than just how fast you go, supporting a charity in an event gives you a warm glow and a sense of achievement by raising funds and it’s an opportunity to promote a cause close to your heart.
There are two options available for you to take part.
1. Enter for one of our partner charities for a discounted entry fee and commit to fundraising a minimum $ depending on the charity.
2. Own entry pay the standard entry and just do it’ or fundraise or make a donation to a cause close to your heart.
Charity partners; Save The Children, Heart Kids, Dementia Wellington, Mental Health Foundation, Arthritis NZ, Healthy Futures, Life Flight. More details below; all have pre booked places in the event.
You need to enter before you start fundraising!!! Details on entry options and costs.
Save the Children
Save the Children does whatever it takes – every day and in times of crisis – transforming children’s lives and the future we share.Read more
12 babies are born every week in New Zealand with a childhood heart condition. Heart Kids is the only organisation supporting these families, but we can’t do it alone, we need your help!Read more
Light the way for people with dementia.Read more
A dementia diagnosis can be scary and isolating. Dementia Wellington is the only charity in the region providing tailored services for people and families affected by dementia.
Mental Health Foundation
The Mental Health Foundation's vision is for a society where all people flourish. Walk/run for a cause and help to increase awareness, end discrimination and advocate on behalf of mental health users.Read more
Arthritis is a leading cause of disability and 50% of those affected are of working age. Its prevalence is increasing, and we need your help to improve the lives of people affected by arthritis.Read more
At Healthy Futures our vision is for a community where children are thriving, free from preventable health issues. Help us to support schools in the Wellington region to set up and run the Garden to Table Programme, and Wai Water helping communities to rethink and replace sugary drinks.Read more
Life Flight operates your local Westpac Rescue Helicopter and nationwide Air Ambulance service that ensures those in need of help are able to access it. Your support will help save lives every day by providing a life-line for your community.Read more
* Conditions when choosing to enter for a partner charity
You will pay a registration fee of $35-45 yourself and commit to raising a minimum amount of sponsorship in aid of one of the partner charities listed below.
Your chosen charity should receive 100% of your minimum sponsorship 2 weeks prior to the event. If you are unable to meet this deadline it is your responsibility to contact your charity and discuss your options. If you are unable to meet the sponsorship money requirements, your place is at risk. However, you may choose to make up the balance yourself. Failure to contact your charity or pay in any funds prior to the event will mean your place Neon Night Walk/Run may be cancelled. Please ensure you communicate with your charity prior to this time.
- You must notify your chosen charity that you will be participating in this challenge, raising funds in their name and discuss your payment option with them.
- Fordward Marketing reserves the right to withdraw your place on the challenge if you are unable to provide written confirmation of this. The charity may require you to sign their terms and conditions.
- All funds raised in connection to this challenge should be paid directly to your chosen charity.
- When fundraising you must make clear to donors what proportion of funds raised are going to the charity and how much towards costs. Should you have to withdraw, all monies should be forwarded to the charity.