General Event Terms and Conditions.
To be accepted when entering.
Fordward Marketing run ‘the Event’
1. Registration & Participating in the Event
(a) This is an active challenge which involves walking or running at night. Your general state of health and fitness must be good. It is your responsibility to be fit enough to participate in Neon Night Walk/Run™ and to seek your doctor’s approval if you have any health concerns about safely completing the course at night.
(b) You must be at least 8 years old to take part in the event and 14 years to participate in the 16 km option..
(c) To enter the Neon Night Walk/Run™ you must complete the on-line form. You will receive an email confirming your payment. All information relating to the event will be sent by email. It is your responsibility to read and act on the information supplied.
(d) The event route is signed and there will be some marshals on the route. It is your responsibility not to get lost and you must bring a fully charged mobile phone with you in case you need to call Central Control for assistance.
(e) You participate at your own risk and you are responsible for your personal safety at all times. Fordward Marketing cannot be held responsible for any loss or damage of your property or for any injuries or illness that occur as a result of this event.
(f) If you drop out of the event, having started it, for any reason you must inform Central Control.
2. Changes to the Itinerary
(a) Itineraries and schedules may change and other alterations may occur which are beyond the control of Fordward Marketing.
(b) Fordward Marketing does not accept liability for any delays in your travel arrangements or reasonable changes to the Neon Night Walk/Run itinerary due to force majeure. Force majeure means unusual and unforeseeable circumstances beyond our control, such as national emergency, rioting, natural disaster, fire, bad weather, transport delays or other such events.
3. Cancellation By You
You may cancel at any time providing that you notify Fordward Marketing, and your chosen charity, by email. Any refunds to sponsors are strictly between you and the charity.
All monies paid are non-transferable and refunds will incur a $15 admin charge.There will be no refunds within 7 days of the event.
4. Cancellation By Fordward Marketing
(a) Fordward Marketing reserves the right to cancel the event for operational reasons, force majeure or any other reasons.
(b) If we do cancel your event for any reason other than force majeure we will offer you a full and prompt refund of all monies paid by you.
(c) Fordward Marketing does not accept liability for reasonable changes to the itinerary in circumstances of Force Majeure. Force Majeure means any unusual or unforeseen circumstances beyond our reasonable control including but not limited to an act of God, war, accident, road closures, and failure of power supply, abnormal weather, fire, explosion or labour Disturbance.
(d) We regret that we cannot pay out any expenses, costs or losses you incur as a result of any cancellation
(e) In the event of Neon Night Walk/Run being cancelled we will endeavour to contact all participants prior to the day where possible. We will also keep the Neon Night Walk/Run website and Facebook updated with the latest news.
I declare that:
• My accepted entry into the Event will not be transferred to another entrant.
• In the event of any ‘act of God’ conditions causing a cancellation of the Event, I agree that my total entry fee is not transferable or refundable.
• I am in an appropriate physical condition to participate in the Event, given the known parameters of the Event (such as the length, time, physical demands and environmental context).
• I acknowledge that the information I have provided on the entry form regarding my age is correct..
• I agree that if I am 15 years or under I will be accompanied by an adult as required.
• I agree to have working headlight / high powered torch.
• I have taken medical advice on any pre-existing medical conditions and confirm that it is medically safe for me to participate in the Event.
• I acknowledge that there are risks involved in the Event. I fully realise the dangers of participating in the Event, and fully assume the risks associated with my participation and my wellbeing and safety during and after the Event. I understand and acknowledge that the Event organisers (including all officials and event volunteers) provide no warranties, regarding my wellbeing and safety.
• I understand and agree that situations may arise during the Event, which may be beyond the immediate control of the Event organisers (including all ofﬁcials and event volunteers).
• I will participate in the Event, in a manner that does not endanger either me or others.
• I agree that to the extent permissible by law, the Event organisers (including all officials and event volunteers), the sponsors and other parties associated with the Event, have no liability to me whatsoever for any direct or indirect loss, (including, but not limited to injury or death) sustained by me during or in any way related to my participation in the Event.
• I authorise the use of my name, voice, picture and information on the entry form or during the event in any broadcast, telecast, promotion, advertising, and in any other way, without payment to me or any other form of compensation.
• I agree to follow all reasonable safety instructions provided to me by the Event organisers, (including all officials and event volunteers) before, during and after the Event.
• I consent to receiving medical treatment in the event of illness or injuries suffered during or immediately after the Event.